Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"The most loneliest day in my life..."

Today...
Such a lonely day.

The most loneliest day in my life...

Caught up between feelings of elation and utter defeat.
The face resting in my heart so perfectly reflected off shiny, metallic surfaces.
Lost to the world and it lost to me.
Empty fullness...

Today...
Such a lonely day.

A day spent in indecision.
A day spent in self-recrimination.
A day spent in expectation.
A day spent alone; hoping.

The most loneliest day of my life...

Smirking lips and oblivious hazel eyes,
On a day darkened by rain.
Eviscerated skies; teary-eyed.
Longing. Loving.

Today...
Such a lonely day.

A touch of hesitant hands,
A kiss brushed in the dark,
A look into those beloved hazel mirrors,
A promise kept to my most inner self.

Today...
Today was mine.
The most loneliest day in my life.

The most loneliest day of my life,

Tourment exquis...
Suprême agonie...
Le jour le plus solitaire de ma vie.

Rogue





(Original song from System Of a Down, no copyright infringement intended.)





No comments:

Post a Comment