Friday, September 23, 2011

Alternative reality

Slipping away, 
Yes it's slipping away, like sand through my fingers.
Yet another dream that will not come true.
I've come to think it was okay for this to happen.
I think I don't exactly care, not anymore.
I'm not sad, I'm not upset.
It just is.
It's alright really...

But what if in a heartbeat I could have it all realized?
Thoughts of you have died away a long time ago,
Consumed by a thousand other things; smothered.
Does it really matter?
Why have I lost the power to believe?

The world is divided in two categories.
Those who have a capacity for happiness, 
And those who don't.
I think I belong to the latter.
Just never happy with things, not for a long while.
Always afraid something might go wrong, 
Or just stuff start smothering me; 
Like I'm trapped, 
And the need to run burns so bright 
It's almost impossible to resist.

But I wish it could stop...
I wish I could stay, 
Just this once.
Get a taste of what it could be like
To belong to the other category.
Even for just a moment, 
Just a second...

Just who the hell am I kidding?

No comments:

Post a Comment